Who am I
Over 18 years of seasoned experience with software development, automation and technology leadership. This includes a heavy emphasis on high volume data transactions, reporting and analytics.
Here is a more detailed breakdown:
- 15 years of application and cloud development.
- 10+ years providing devops server infrastructure support with recent experience focused on code automation through continuous integration, continuous deployment and container driven services using docker.
- 9 years of leadership experience in roles as a team lead, architect, director and chief technology officer.
Learning helps me continue to grow and provide fresh perspectives to daily efforts. As a natural side effect I find it fun and relaxing. Here is a short list of items I am currently exploring both personally and professionally.
- Cloud / Architecture: AWS solutions architect certification, cloud driven big data analytics and source code pipelines using continuous integration and deployment strategies.
- Data Warehousing, analytics and mining: Anything and everything data driven including, ETL / data warehouse strategies, analytics and open data set mining.
- Business and Marketing: Entrepreneurship is in my heart and I love to build and grow businesses and business units. I feel that anything I can absorb in these areas makes me an effective business asset and leader.
Dusty is one of the finest people I have worked with in my career. When our business paths took us in different directions, we have still kept in touch and I am happy to call him my good friend.
Dusty has an impressive drive to learn and improve. He is a solid contributor to any endeavor. He is not content to keep his knowledge and understanding to himself, but is eager to patiently share what he knows. He is a skilled and effective teacher and leader.
Dusty has the enviable qualities of not only being a great professional, but also (and probably more outstandingly) a truly great person.
I envy all who have the pleasure of working with him daily.Kent Dayton